A Guide to the Videotape Collection at Georgia State
University Georgia State University Special Collections and Archives 100 Decatur St., SE Atlanta, GA 30303-3202 404-413-2880 Fax: 404-413-2881 firstname.lastname@example.org
EAD version 2002 finding aid created in
XMetaL 4.5 from HTML source,
Georgia State University Library,
Special Collections and Archives,
Bing Crosby Show videotape collection
0.5 linear ft. (in
The collection consists
of seven discrete programs of The Bing Crosby Show
dating from 1959 through 1962.
Scope and Content of the Collection
This collection consists of eleven two-inch quad videotapes containing
seven discrete programs of The Bing Crosby Show
dating from 1959 through 1962. The programs have been digitized and are
accessible on DVD.
The recordings contain The Bing Crosby
Show as broadcast, and include commercials for products such as
Oldsmobile cars, Kodak cameras and Clairol hair products. Some tapes also
contain extraneous undated material following the program, such as additional
commercials and announcements for upcoming non-Crosby programs.
Of the original videotapes, four have not been reformatted to DVD. One
videotape (M89-2/2) contains audio only, of Crosby performing "When Irish Eyes
Are Smiling." Four videotapes (M89-2/1, 3, 6, 11) contained the same program,
originally broadcast in 1960 and rebroadcast in 1962 with a different sponsor.
The videotape collection contains one copy of each of the broadcasts plus two
intermediate copies from which the commercials have been edited out, but only
M89-2/1 is available for viewing on DVD.
This collection is indexed under the following headings in the
Georgia State University Library online catalog (GIL). Researchers desiring
materials about related topics, persons, or places should search the catalog
using these headings.
Restrictions on Access
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Reproduction is forbidden except with written permission of Bing
[item], Bing Crosby Show Videotape Collection, M102,
Popular Music and Culture Collection. Special Collections and Archives, Georgia
State University, Atlanta.
Donated by Rusty Bruton, September 13, 1989.
Processed by Christine de Catanzaro and Christopher Paton, December
2001. EAD finding aid created by Bill Hardesty, June 2010.